Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yin yang days


Seattle has extremely bizarre weather patterns, especially for someone used to an East Coast climate. Mornings are usually overcast or in today's case, so foggy that everything is obscured.  But miraculously, by afternoon the clouds will usually clear, revealing blue skies and sun. In fact, it can get so sunny that driving across the bridge on the way home requires sunglasses, car visor, and a healthy dose of squinting to avoid being blinded.

Like a true photo junkie, I took my camera to work today to capture the view from my 26th floor rooftop deck. It's a breathtaking view, with Mt. Rainier visible in the far distance on a clear day. I know I've been going on ad nauseum about the beauty of nature (I'm not turning into a hippie, I promise), but I really can't get over how accessible everything is. In Philly and New York, you can't see these kinds of views without driving a considerable distance. Anyway, from what I hear, I only have a few more weeks to enjoy the sunny days so I appreciating every moment of sunlight. After that, there will be gloomy mornings, gloomy afternoons, and gloomy nights...

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a view!

    yeah, i definitely have my moments where i miss nature, but a tiny dose of it will do for me. i still end up missing the city/urban life more.

    ReplyDelete