Saturday, September 4, 2010

End of a season

It seems that Mother Nature knew that Labor Day is coming, and generously gave Seattle one last beautiful summer day.  Walking home around 7, I had the sudden urge to grab my camera and head for the sculpture park next to my apartment.

I'm happy I obeyed my instincts because the sunset view from the park is really breathtaking - mountains, water, some modern art - what's not to love? My next goal is to make it to Kerry Park, which supposedly has amazing views of the city.


Sadly, the weather for this weekend is looking pretty drab (high of 65 degrees today - really?). I have a feeling there will be a lot more gloomy days from here on out, but at least I got to catch the end of a Seattle summer.

My photo editing/collage skills are a work in progress, so I've been browsing flickr and other blogs for inspiration. Advice/comments are welcome!

Happy holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That's the view from your apartment?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these! So jealous this is the scenery around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love your collages here! well done! and those sunset photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete