Tuesday, December 21, 2010

spirit of the people

While Zeitgeist Coffee has been on my Seattle coffee shop list, it wasn't my original destination when I headed down to Pioneer Square last weekend. I had intended to go to Caffe Umbria, but I was a little thrown off by the fancy schmancy vibe, so I walked over a few blocks to Zeitgeist instead. Turns out the second time was the charm.

Zeitgeist was more what I was expecting from a Pioneer Square coffee shop. Cool logo? check. Exposed brick interior? check. Hipster baristas? check.

In my cozy window seat, I made good progress on my book, occasionally looking up to watch the winter afternoon light play over the warm wood tables and brick walls. It's certainly a different look than the vintage charm of the Fremont coffee shops, but it was a nice change of scenery.


Zeitgeist Coffee
171 S. Jackson St.

1 comment: