Friday, December 10, 2010

coffee on the canal

Last weekend, my trip to Gasworks Park took me to the Fremont neighborhood, which has more than its fair share of charming coffee shops. During my visit to Fremont Coffee, a fellow patron had recommended Canal St. Coffee as another place with great outdoor seating, so I decided to see what it was all about.

Situated on the trail that runs along its namesake, Canal Coffee is tucked in a little house with a old-timey front porch and beautiful views of the water. With plentiful natural light and comfortable seating, it's a great place to drop by for a relaxing cup of coffee (and 25 cent doughnuts!) before a stroll along the canal. I've had better espresso elsewhere, but the prime location and the down-to-earth charm would induce me to make a return visit. I also got a kick out of their handwritten currency acceptance policy.


I had a field day exploring the trail along the canal, and was struck by another zen moment as I sat by the canal, soaking in the sun while dangling my feet above the water.


I'm having a hard time believing it's almost the end of 2010. Sometimes I still do a double take when I realize that I moved across the country just a few months ago. East vs. west, which is best? I think the jury is still out on that one.

Canal St. Coffee
102 NW Canal St.
Seattle

4 comments:

  1. Excellent photos!
    Also, I can't believe 2010 is coming to a close either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow there is definitely no shortage of pretty naturey and scenery shots out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool coffee shop! 25cent donut - can't beat that =)

    gorgeous outdoor pics - the colors are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that chalk board. Oh i'm just going crazy over these pictures and your blog! lovely work!

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete