Sunday, October 31, 2010

Seattle Restaurant Week 2010

I'm usually pretty skeptical of restaurant week deals because in my experience, you usually get subpar food at a premium price. But being new to the area, it was a good excuse to check out some places on my ever-growing list. Plus, it's $25 for a 3-course dinner, which is cheaper than the RW in New York City. I'm glad I decided to give it another shot, because I was pleasantly surprised by my first Seattle restaurant week experience at Stumbling Goat Bistro in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood.  It's an unassuming place with a cozy, neighborhood joint kind of vibe, but the food is really top-notch. I'm not a huge meat eater, and even I was a big fan of the hanger steak entree. It was hard to take pictures in such low lighting, so I gave up early on, but the desserts were so pretty, I had to get in a few shots.

So the verdict? Pick carefully and you can have a great restaurant week experience in the Emerald City. I went to another dinner at Tilth later that week, and I felt like the selection was more limited (not to mention that the food was overall very heavily salted). But again, great excuse to get a group of people together for a fun dinner!

Clockwise from top left: Bailey's bread pudding, salted caramel pot de creme, rustic berry tart with homemade ice cream, and flourless chocolate cake

1 comment: