Monday, October 11, 2010

kerry park, we meet again


I've gotten into the habit of going to Kerry Park when I have nothing else to do in the early evening. It seems a bit sad not to spend the last hour or so of sunlight outside, especially when I know the dark winter months will be here soon. Kerry Park is really just a small sliver of sidewalk, but the view it affords of the Seattle skyline and Puget Sound is incredibly scenic.



Apparently it's quite a popular spot for photographers - by the time the sun set and the city was lit up, I spotted 2 or 3 people there with hardcore tripods. I have a small Gorillapod, but without a shutter release cable, I'm finding it difficult to take good long exposure shots. Anyone have any tips/recommendations on taking night shots?

2 comments:

  1. love the shot you got of the moon. the other night, it was a really thin, beautiful crescent. i tried to capture it but had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bean bag on a sturdy surface works as well as a nice tripod, if that's an option. Also, if your camera has a timer, you could use that since your subject is not going anywhere. Stop down, preset focus and put the camera on as low an ISO setting as possible. The long exposures tend to increase noise.

    And I like your pictures.
    Also, I like your pictures.

    ReplyDelete