Monday, October 25, 2010

out of the shadows


I always get a bit of a rush when I discover a new neighborhood or area - it's like the thrill of bargain hunting without the wallet damage. 

I've been a frequent visitor to the Seattle Art Museum sculpture park next to my apartment, but I never explored much beyond the immediate waterfront. Wanting to get some sunshine & fresh air, I put on my sneakers one morning and started running, with only the vague idea that there was some sort of path that went through the park. What I found was a running trail that follows the Puget Sound coast with little surprises sprinkled along the way - a rose garden, a pebble beach, and other assorted finds.  I was so taken with what I saw that I actually went back to my apartment after my 3 mile run, got my camera and walked another 3 miles to take pictures. My legs weren't very happy with me the next day (and the day after that...), but I think it was worth it.


1 comment:

  1. all beautiful. love the simplicity of the last shot.

    and i totally know what you mean about the thrill without the wallet damage!

    ReplyDelete