Sunday, January 9, 2011

walkin' in the rain

I don't know how the weekends always slip away so quickly. One moment it's Friday, and the next it's Sunday? Sigh.

I tried to stretch out my Sunday afternoon by continuing my Seattle coffee tour at Herkimer Coffee in the Green Lake neighborhood. It was a pleasant enough place to spend an afternoon with book & coffee in hand, but I ended up enjoying my walk to and from the shop more than the shop itself. In typical Seattle fashion, it was snowing when I walked in but sunny and clear by the time I headed out. Go figure. The remnants of the snow/rain mixture, however, left raindrops hanging everywhere like tiny jewels.




Seeing golden clouds in the sky, I made up my mind to drive to nearby Green Lake Park to see if I could get in a good sunset view before heading home. Lucky for me, it was one of those golden and rosy hued sunsets that I love so much (yes, I am a sunset junkie). And as I was going through my photos, I couldn't help noticing that the pink on a Ford I saw parked on the street was almost exactly matched by the pink in the sunset.


If only it were warmer! My fingers were about to fall off by the time the sun had gone down. I've made a mental note to return in the summer - I can already picture myself picnicking by the lake and then diving in for a swim. Only...oh 5 more months til the summer. It's not too early to start counting down, is it?

2 comments:

  1. such pretty shots. i am yearning for warmer weather already too. but we're not even close! agh.

    ReplyDelete