Sunday, August 15, 2010

sunny in seattle (for now)

Maybe it's because of the picture perfect weather, but I'm feeling pretty good about Seattle at the moment. While I still miss NYC terribly, there is something pretty amazing about being able to walk down a block and see an unobstructed view of sparkling blue water and snow-capped mountains.  Or being able to drive out a short distance and watch the Perseid meteor showers while laying on the grass by the lake on a random Thursday night. I repeat - amazing.

There are still a lot of things that I worry about of course, but I think the biggest mental hurdles about living in Seattle have been cleared after spending a little over a week here.  I'm hoping I can get in a few more weeks of sun before the infamous Seattle rain settles in for the winter. But I'm happy to say that I feel cautiously optimistic about the long-dreaded move out here. Hello Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment