Sunday, August 22, 2010

perspective


Recent events have disrupted the normally calm surface of my life, sending out ripples in every direction. Things that I had taken as fact suddenly seem less sure - maybe it was a trick of my mind, or simply my own careless arrogance.  I start to doubt my own memories, going back to reanalyze the same facts in a different light.  It's funny how memories are living things, colored not only by our recollections but by our present-day perspective.

Perspective is a powerful thing. Living in my comfortable bubble, I sometimes get trapped in my own narrow vision of the world and get bogged down in my own thoughts, bending and distorting things until they're no longer recognizable. With some wise advice, I've been trying to take a step back and see things for what they are. I know what I know, and I'm trying not to let anyone take that away from me.

2 comments:

  1. what a fitting image for this post.

    thank you for all your sage advice to me today. you have always been and remain a huge inspiration/person to look up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to have a call.. i need some perspective!

    ReplyDelete