Thursday, February 3, 2011

new york, i still love you (part ii)

Sunday brunch is one of my favorite meals to eat out. It's early enough in the day that the Monday dread hasn't quite set in yet, and it's a great excuse to indulge in pancakes, bacon, and maybe even a cocktail or two (hey, it's ok to drink after noon, right?). I also love it because I've always used brunch as a catch-up time with friends. This weekend in New York, I was lucky enough to spend my Sunday brunch with a few of my favorite girls. Alice has already done a beautiful job (as always) with her post, so I'll just say that Freemans was the New York brunch experience that you often dream of but rarely experience. Our waiter probably thought we were a bunch of country bumpkins because every time he came by we were oohing and ahhing over this or that, but he treated us well all the same :) It was a fitting ending to my brief weekend in the city and a bittersweet reminder of all the things I miss about it.

Freemans
191 Chrystie Street (at the end of Freeman Alley - careful, it's easy to miss!)
New York, NY

1 comment:

  1. love the first and the last shot! especially where some of the light bulbs disappear into the sky.

    simply charming indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete