Saturday, November 13, 2010

sleepless in seattle

I have never been able to just lie in bed after I waking up - I keep thinking about all the things I could be doing - so when I woke up at the ridiculous hour of 5:30 am on Friday, my restless feet took me to Kerry Park to catch the sunrise. With daylights savings, the sun rises at about 7:10 these days (and sets at 4:40...), so when I got there at 6, it was still pitch black. I set up my camera on a conveniently located cable box, and started clicking away. While the day before had dawned with  beautiful colors, unfortunately the one I witnessed was fairly overcast.

Nevertheless, I appreciated the tranquility of the city before sunrise. There is also something very soothing about watching the night transition into day, with the sunlight gradually stealing over the horizon. The whole city really takes on a new look in the span of just an hour. Winter sunrises are supposedly quite beautiful, so I may be making a return trip :)

1 comment: