Wednesday, March 2, 2011

whirlwind days

Oh my goodness, it's March already? Where did February go? This past month has passed by in such a whirlwind that I'm still catching my breath. 

In all the hubbub and hoopla of February (birthdays, weekend trips, and visitors, oh my!), I haven't been able to do much Seattle exploration lately. I actually found myself missing my weekend coffee jaunts and photo walks...they provide much needed time for me to recharge and quiet my mind.  Can you tell that I'm an introvert? :P

Nevertheless, having a visitor in town was a good excuse to stroll around in Ballard last weekend. Ballard is full of little restaurants and boutiques and cute children, probably comparable to Park Slope in Brooklyn, but less self-consciously cool - it is Seattle, after all. We had a wonderfully quiet and delicious brunch at Volterra, where I refueled for the rest of my busy weekend with a big cup of coffee and some comforting brunch food. 

I've been shooting some old film rolls leftover from a college photo class, so I'm hoping to develop some of those soon - I kind of miss the anticipation of waiting to see how a roll of film turns out! Shooting digital has really spoiled me, but there is still a certain satisfaction in getting a good shot on an old-fashioned SLR. In the meantime, happy beginning of March!  


2 comments:

  1. that egg scramble sounds so good right now! ahh totally jonesin for eggs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all photo-hobbyist is a little introvert. There's something about holding ur camera up to your face and not having to talk to anyone. Nice photos btw. The eggs are so juicy and I got dizzy looking at the hung wine glasses

    ReplyDelete